Tips: Trip Preparation
Category : The Downstream
Hey everyone! Here are some tips and things you may need for your trip.
- Be certain to wear a properly fitted Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times when on and around the water. These will be distributed at the Livery. Check your PFD for proper snug fit prior to leaving the Livery. Do not accept a device if it is torn or if buckles/fasteners are not functioning properly.
- Review the river map. Know where your float trip will take you, where to get out, and emergency routes just in case. Make sure to avoid any hazards.
- Choose a paddle of proper size.
- Take a litter bag with you and use it.
- Be sure your boats are in good repair before starting the trip. Do not overload or improperly load the boat. This can lead to an unexpected capsize.
- Steady the boat for your partner while loading and unloading.