Tips: While On The River
Category : The Downstream
Hello everyone! Here are some tips for when you are on your trip.
- It is recommended that you leave your PFD on at all times, even when swimming.
- Keep your craft under control. Control must be good enough at all times to stop or reach shore.
- Know your boating ability. Do not enter a fast current unless you feel sure you can paddle through it.
- Respect anglers. Paddle to the shore opposite of their lines and pass by quietly.
- When paddling in a group, assign a boat to lead and a sweep boat to paddle in the rear. Both the lead and sweep positions should be held by experienced paddlers. Never get ahead of the lead or behind the sweeper.
- Do not paddle in flood conditions. This can cause fluctuations in the current.
- Keep and appropriate distance between canoes. No need to risk a crash.
- Keep a lookout for hazards and avoid them.
- Never dive head first into the water.
- Respect private property. Please do not trespass.
- It is recommended that you do not paddle alone. Bring your friends!