**UPDATED FRIDAY, MAY 1st, 5:00 PM**
To our valued customers:
WE HEARD BACK FROM THE GOVERNOR’s OFFICE @ 4:29 PM AND THEY GAVE US THE GO AHEAD TO OPEN. WE WILL BE OPEN FOR BUSINESS TOMORROW, SATURDAY, MAY 2ND.
Upon our opening, we have been given a couple of expectations:
- Maintain social distancing procedures
- Develop and Implement disinfecting procedures
- Temporarily suspend our pick-up service
- Temporarily suspend Picnicking on our grounds
We know many of you are eager to get outside and experience the Huron River. We also know many are experiencing high levels of anxiety, fear and loss through this time. We let the Milford Police Department know that we would be opening to ensure we are sensitive and responsive to any complaints that may result in our opening. Rest assured, we will do our very best to be respectful, responsible and safe for our customers and community.
We will be following guidelines and best practices recommended by the CDC to ensure everyone’s safety. The list below summarizes the practices we will be implementing:
Avoid Close Contact:
- Everyone will be expected to maintain distance between self and other people. Six (6) feet of social distance should be maintained as a rule during check-in, launch and return.
Cover mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others
- All Village Canoe employees will wear a cloth face cover while serving customers.
- Customers should wear a cloth face cover. (Young children under age 2 are not required for safety reasons)
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
Clean and disinfect
- Village Canoe has always maintained high standards of cleanliness. Village Canoe will CLEAN AND DISINFECT frequently touched surfaces routinely. This includes flotation devices, front desk and restrooms. Paddles and boats will be disinfected prior to rental.
- Our facility will be equipped with hand washing stations and hand sanitizer to ensure strict hand washing standards can be met.
We look forward to serving you! If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 248.685.9207 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scott & Heather Armstrong